Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Reverb 10 - 2010 encapsulated

5 minutes. Imagine you will completely lose your memory of 2010 in five minutes. Set an alarm for five minutes and capture the things you most want to remember about 2010.

  • Broken wrist led to re-evaluation of what I want and don't want to do, how I want to live, realization of how quickly life can change, and what a strong mind-body connection there is in us, especially as we age ...
  • I love the ocean. I love the ocean especially when I'm there with my honey. I need the ocean.
  • Princess #1 finally has received aid to help with expenses; her illness continues to color our lives...
  • Some friendships eroded for unknown reasons; new friendships sprang to life or were rejuvenated; long-time friendships were celebrated and honored. Grateful, so grateful, for friends who are loyal, who are honest, who are THERE through good times and bad, who truly care.
  • There was plenty of anxiety, doubt, uncertainty, fear, and frustration; lessons of patience and one day at a time; but also extreme gratitude for each other, for what we have in our home and our community. Grateful, grateful, grateful that we are together.
This was not one of our better years. It was not mind-numbingly bad; it just crept along with unremarkable days and months. This is not how we want to continue to live.

No comments: