Friday, April 18, 2014

April Moon 14: Day 2 -- Juicy

Juicy

What feelings does this word evoke? What sorts of memories does it recall? Which of your senses start to tingle? How would you represent what this word means to you?

Ripe and ready is how I see juicy, and I can't help but think of it in a sexual context as well, remembering back when I was in my late 40s and into my 50s, finally FINALLY coming into who I really was. And loving it.

I was juicy: I was old enough to take charge, I was confident in who I was, I was NOT going to settle for the life I had been living for many years any more, and I was making changes, big ones, that moved me more than halfway across the country and into a completely new life. I was juicy and ready, and then EVERYTHING happened. It was the best time of my life so far, in every way: career, relationship, sex, life, happiness -- which doesn't mean there weren't times of sadness and hurt and fear too.

There are still times of juiciness and anticipation for something ready for harvest, ripe and ready for picking and exploring and creating and seeing things come full circle. Sometimes it is a project, sometimes an opportunity, sometimes just a feeling of fullness of life. By no means does that mean there is a corresponding dried-up-ness, however -- just a time to savor what is.

1 comment:

Kat McNally said...

Beautifully said, Beth. x