Monday, December 06, 2010

Making it -- Reverb #10

Make. What was the last thing you made? What materials did you use? Is there something you want to make, but you need to clear some time for it?

Well, today I've made dinner (bbq ribs, yum). I still need to make the bed with fresh sheets. Tonight I will also make the piles of clean laundry go where they belong. I've been making the house look a little more seasonal and also making some of the dust disappear. (This year, however, I won't be making many cookies or candies: everyone I know is on a diet and we sure don't need the temptation.)

I'm constantly making things, making friends, making something happen through my actions.

I get tired of making all these things, frankly.

I want to make some jewelry out of the piles of old stuff I have sitting on my beautiful jewelry bench. But until I get stuff sorted through in the office, I don't feel that I can: the clutter stares at me reproachfully until I do something, anything, to make it go where it belongs (which, increasingly, is in the trash).

There are some 84 meanings of the word make as verb, noun, phrase and idiom. I suspect we all make use of the word multiple times a day, if not many times in an hour.

Now I am going to make haste and finish tidying up the countertop and make a salad to go with the ribs. And tomorrow I'll make a new post with a new word!

No comments: